We have seen in our previous Blog Post about why it is necessary for Ecommerce Players to have their own blogs.
They help you increase visibility on search engines, help you market yourself and your products, tell important company announcements and obviously showcase your expertise and thought leadership.
Now that you know why it’s necessary to blog, we will see how you can go about it in a planned and easy way.
- You have to define the audience you want to reach with your blog. This single factor affects everything you do in marketing and the same applies true to business blogs. For detailed understanding of your target audience create a buyer persona, a representative of the audience in question. If you feel there are more than one type of audience you wish to reach, create multiple personas.
- What’s the purpose of your blog? Develop a strategy to guide the way you’ll write about your topic. you can use a strategy statement like the one blow to get started:
We blog about [topics] in a [type of voice and style—conservative, straightforward, humorous] manner in order to [entertain, amuse, inspire, anger, debate with, educate] my readers, who are [the people you’re targeting].
Your strategy statement should be comprehensive and clearly convey the objective.
Write Blogs keeping 2 people in your mind-
Yes, you read that correctly. Write your Business blog keeping your Target Audience and Search Engines in your mind.
- Try to blog with the specific interests of your target audience in mind using the personas that you have created in particular. The content should be beneficial to them and add value. As you interact with your audience via blog comments & social media, you’ll learn what its needs are and can address those over time.
- You have to take care of your other audience who read your blog besides humans – Search Engines. While you really write for people, it’s necessary to write your posts with keywords, both in the post title and body.
Learn to Write Great Headlines
The age old adage ” Never judge a book by its cover” is hardly followed by the constantly content consuming internet audience.
- Headlines are your first and only opportunity to catch the readers attention. Invest as much time as possible in your headline otherwise you will lose half your readers even before they click on your blog article. The common but hard to find key, to writing great headlines is to make the benefit of reading the post clear to the reader.
Do Not Read This Section
Ohh, you are still reading! It is because research shows, negative headlines, and wording attract readers. You can use an alternative message and wording, you can attract attention by letting the reader know you’re a real person and have something different to say.
Some examples of negative headlines:
- What No One Tells You About _____
- Strategies You Didn’t Learn for _____
- Wrong Ways to _____
Create a Calendar for Blogging
If you post blogs too frequently your readers will not be able to catch up, while if you post blogs too infrequently you will lose readers seeking new content.
- How many minutes each week can you dedicate to blogging?
- How often do you need to provide new information?
- How often do your readers check the blog?
- What list of topics do you want to write about?
And accordingly create a calendar so you can keep yourself accountable for posting.
Write with Passion
To attract readers express your passion and expertise in a way that’s engaging and exciting. If writing for your blog feels like a chore, remind yourself why you’re doing it by revisiting your strategy statement. You don’t need to be the best writer to start a blog and develop a following; readers want to know your expertise.
Use the five tips above to give yourself a strong start in blogging and enjoy how rewarding it can be. We will be here with another tip next week! Leave your Feedback in the comments section.
To know how to start your online business and for customized end to end e-commerce solutions for your business drop me an email at email@example.com